Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Metrowest Oral Surgical Associates
COVID-19 Patient management protocol
As we continue to progress through Governor Baker’s reopening plan. All dental providers have now resumed all elective, non-urgent procedures and services, including cosmetic procedures. With the scope of procedures being allowed, we continue to vigorously follow public health and safety standards for our patients and staff. With guidance from the Massachusetts Dental Society (MDS), Center for Disease Control (CDC), American Dental Association (ADA), Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) and the Baker Administration, our practice will continue to provide safe and exceptional care to our patients.
Out of an abundance of caution and in accordance with recommendations from these institutions, our office have established the following guidelines.
Making an appointment:
- We are scheduling visits by appointment only. We cannot accept walk-ins. Patients will be asked pre appointment questions as part of our screening process.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
A positive response to any of these symptoms from the patient or immediate family member within the past two weeks will require rescheduling of their appointment for at least the next two weeks.
- We highly recommend that patients register online on our website prior to their appointment. Our website address is: metrowestoralsurgical.com
Office visit process:
- We ask our patients to please call the office when they arrive. They will be met in the parking lot by our staff. The patient’s temperature and their escort’s temperature will be taken prior to entering our office.
- We prefer to have the escort remain in their vehicle, unless the patient requires assistance for the appointment. Only one adult escort per patient visit.
- If either the patient or their escort has a fever (>99 F), the appointment will need to be rescheduled for at least another two weeks.
- Prior to entering our facility, we require that both patient and escort wear a face mask.
- We will have hand sanitizer available and request that each patient use it as they enter our facility. The reception area/waiting room will be closed and no reading material will be provided.
- Upon patient registration, a pen will be provided for the patient to keep. Once registration is complete, the patient will be escorted back to our treatment rooms by our surgical staff.
- Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
- Recovery and post operative surgical instructions will be provided in the treatment room to minimize traffic through the office. Post operative surgical instructions are posted in our website.
- Patients will be brought into the checkout area, still wearing their mask. Every effort will be made to conduct the checkout transaction through digital means. Receipts will be scanned and emailed.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our Northborough office at (508)393-1223, Milford office at (508)473-7900, Framingham office at (508)879-8004 or visit our website at metrowestoralsurgical.com
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
The Doctors and Staff at Metrowest Oral Surgical Associates
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: