Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Bring all necessary insurance information.
- Have nothing to eat or drink for at least six (6) hours prior to surgery (no water, juice or food)! To do so can be life-threatening!
Afternoon appointments: Get up early enough to have a very light breakfast (e.g. toast and juice) but you must be finished 6 hours prior to surgery.
- Come in with someone over 18 who can drive you home. You will not be allowed to drive home after having general anesthesia. This is necessary for your safety.
- If you feel you are getting a cold, or already have one, please call the office as soon as possible.
- Do not take aspirin for one week prior to the surgery. Aspirin can make you bleed after your surgery. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is fine, however, and does not cause the same bleeding problems.
- If antibiotics are needed before surgery, please follow the doctor’s instructions.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. Women, please do not wear pantyhose so that we may place an electrode used for heart monitoring, on your ankle.
- All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- If you wear contact lenses, please remove them prior to your appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to give our office a call. 508-473-7900 or 508-393-1223